Thursday, September 16, 2010

Just like many of us....


Lucy is about a young girl that came to the united states thinking and hoping that her life here was going to be better than the life she had in her native country, but once she "stepped on the ground" she noticed that nothing was just like "people" said.
Lucy came during winter, (for most of the people is really depressing seeing "dead" trees, days that the sun does not come out, or even if the sun is present we still can feel the coldness of the wind.) she was used to live in a warm/hot place, where probably the sun was there everyday, or at least most of the time.
Her life became a routine.
She had to lie to her family, about how nice and beautiful everything was, how comfortable she was.



Lucy's story is similar to many others, including mine. For some people this decision of moving far, far away from their country may be the best decision. In my case, I'm still regretting the  day i decided to come to the united states, even though i was born here, i live most of my life in Mexico, with my grandparents, i think i didn't need anything, not even my parents, i just came here because my parents told me that i had to learn the language, and to have a "better education", but they never thought about what i really wanted.
Thankfully, i found amazing people that make me feel better, and for them is that i try to enjoy the time I'm here, and i just hope one day I'll be where i belong...  :]










        [Television, internet, and people sometimes make you believe that life in the United States is "PERFECT" ,
that you can have anything you may want, everything you wish to have. Some people think that money "grows on trees"... and most of the time that is the reason people decide to come.]


 

2 comments:

  1. Great reflections, and I love the pictures! Why do you think Lucy feels she has to lie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhmm..
    i think she lies to her family because she does not want to show them how the "reality" is....
    she wants to make them think that evrything is fine....
    so they won't feel bad ...

    ReplyDelete